We continuously refine and add new features to our websites. See our blog posts below.
You can now group your subscribers and send a different newsletter to each group. Some people want to receive your newsletter, but not property alerts (or vice versa) or you might have an investor newsletter and a homeowner newsletter which you would want to send to different people.
Activities happening on your website can be tracked in the admin console by going to the monitoring menu dropdown. From there the principal can easily see what is happening on the website, what their agents are up to as well as website communications to and from their agents.
|Admin console monitoring menu dropdown.|
- SMS Agent - Logs of any SMSes sent to your agents. (If you would like to buy more credit at 65c per credit, please email us.)
- Enquiry Forms - All Enquiry Forms completed on your website.
- Property Enquiries - A list of all Property Enquiries received by your agents.
- Owner Email feedback - Logs any feedback received from owners to the Owner Email that was sent.
Did you know you can send us a list of subscriber email addresses to do a bulk import into your admin console for you? How easy is that!
We do this because we want to help you get your property alerts to as many people as possible.
The property alerts are an incredibly powerful tool for a number of reasons:
- Enables buyers to be immediately notified whenever you have new properties for sale.
- Enables you to present properties to hundreds or thousands of interested buyers.
- They happen automatically - no extra work (phone calls or emails) or costs (phone calls) are required to get your new properties in front of all of your interested buyers.
- They happen fast - go out automatically at 7am the day after the property is uploaded or you can send them immediately (see how here). Sending them out immediately is especially important if its an open mandate as it could mean you are presenting it to the buyer before another agent … and therefore making the sale!
- They ensure that all of your interested buyers are notified - there is no human error where you or one of your agents could forget to present the property to a buyer.
- Builds brand recognition - people know you are professional and active.
|A property alerts email.|
- when talking to potential buyers over the phone
- from your incoming emails
Your logo is critical to the look of your website, which is why the importance of a good logo can’t be understated - it is what distinguishes you from your competitors and establishes trust. A professionally designed logo shows you are a professional estate agent.
|Why you need to stand out from your competitors.|
|Logo evolution of well known brands.|
You can now send an email with property information from the admin console instead of having to compose them yourself.
|Example of an email sent from the Admin console.|
All you have to do is select which properties to include and then personalise the intro paragraph and click send.
|Select properties to include in the email.|
No more spending of time and effort finding and putting together this information. Instead you can send a personalised email that, while it looks professional, also has the look and feel of one composed by yourself.